Tuesday, November 21, 2006

History comes alive -- with "original musical productions"


We at In the Middle are always talking about history, the weight of the past, our obligation to remember or speak for or obliterate the dead, the role of the present in engendering the future .... yadda yadda yadda.

Sometimes all this talk about intertemporality makes me want to hop on a plane and head to Orlando.

There I would shop in the Old Scroll store. I would "Come to the Manger." I would be rapt:
Visit Jerusalem in Orlando!
It is an inspiring, full day of discovery that takes you 2000 years back in time to the world of the Bible. It brings to life ancient Israel as a unique, thriving world filled with fascinating exhibits and venues. Learn about the Wilderness Tabernacle and the Great Temple; discover the amazing history of the Bible; explore the city of Jerusalem in miniature; see re-enactments of Jesus' ministry, His life, death, and resurrection; and feel the power and passion of our original musical productions. With so much to do, people of all ages will love Orlando's most inspiring destination!


But then I remember that I'm saving all my money for that house in The Shire. Orlando -- and rapture -- will have to wait.

(via hd, who writes "Well, this finally answers THE big question: is there much work for jesus-impersonators?")

4 comments:

N50 said...

blah, blah, blah?

Your blog has gone all pink - literally - but deliberately?

Jeffrey Cohen said...

Blah blah blah: That is what I am told I sound like after about five minutes. And I trust my kids and colleagues to know these things.

I fixed the pink error -- inept me.

Jeffrey Cohen said...

Update: On second thought, all "blahs" have been translated into "yaddas." So much more elegant.

N50 said...

O - that's ok then - I thought K2 had taken over (that you had given her a voice - and it was, surprise, an all pink one).